Friday, March 18, 2011

Blogging badge catch-up: Thank you!

I have now been awarded genealogy blogging Badge Number Two without having taken proper care of business with Badge Number One. Bear with me while I tear myself away from gravestones long enough to thank a few folks and pass the awards on to others.

Ancestor Approved Award
Thank you to Missy at Fables and Endless Genealogies for honoring me (weeks ago) with the Ancestor Approved award. I confess that I have admired that award on other blogs with a twinge of envy. Now I am happy to be one of the approved.

The award, created in 2010 by Leslie Ann at Ancestor’s Live Here, comes with these rules:
(1) List ten things you have learned about any of your ancestors that has surprised, humbled, or enlightened you.
(2) Pass on the award to ten fellow bloggers who are “doing their ancestors proud.”

One Lovely Blog Award
Thank you to Steve at The Mad Genealogist for sending me the lovely One Lovely Blog Award.

One definitions for lovely from the online Merriam-Webster Dictionary is grand, swell. Steve, your blog is swell too.

The rules for this award are:
(1) Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who granted the award and their blog link.
(2) Pass the award on to 15 other blogs that you have newly discovered.
(3) Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.

Instead of placing the required blog lists in this post, which soon will fall off the front page of Gravestoned, I have built permanent pages, listed in the sidebar, for each award.

Question: Does anyone know who originated the One Lovely Blog Award?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...